Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Writer and editor Mark Matthews writes on the topic of bipolar disorder in relation to his new novel
- Bloody Disgusting select five of Clive Barker’s Books of Blood stories which deserve their own TV/film adaptations
- Writer Joseph Sale writes for Kendall Reviews on the underrated sub-genres of portal fantasy/horror
- Divination Hollow’s Mx T tells us why we need horror blogs
- Night Worms’ Ben Long catches up with writer Patrick Lacey
Writer and editor Mark Matthews writes on the topic of bipolar disorder in relation to his new novel
Writing for the Ginger Nuts of Horror, writer and editor Mark Matthews writes about the topics of bipolar disorder and horror fiction in promoting his new novel, The Hobgoblin of Little Minds, released early 2021.
Bloody Disgusting select five of Clive Barker’s Books of Blood stories which deserve their own TV/film adaptations
Luiz H C, writing for Bloody Disgusting, looks beyond the inspirations for Hellraiser and chooses five other stories from Clive Barker’s seminal Books of Blood which would make for excellent TV or film adaptations.
With his own entry to the sub-genre, Dark Hilarity, arriving at the end of January 2021, Joseph Sale writes for Kendall Reviews on the much underrated portal fantasy and portal horror.
In this latest non-fiction article for the newly rebranded Divination Hollow, Mx T explains the many enormous benefits of horror blogs.
Writing for Night Worms’ blog, Ben Long chats with author Patrick Lacey about his introduction to the genre and writing, as well as some of the outstanding releases he has put out in the last few years.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey