Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Beyond the Veil magazine rewatch the original Night of the Living Dead in the harsh light of 2020
- Crime Reads pick out the ten best gothic fiction releases of 2020
- Bloody Disgusting feature an essay on mental health and The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Ink Heist feature new, original fiction by Laurel Hightower
- Kendall Reviews pick 5 horror books that should grace the space below your Christmas tree
Joseph Green, writing for Beyond the Veil, rewatches the original Night of the Living Dead, to see how it measures up with the real life horrors of 2020.
Writing for Crime Reads, Molly Odintz selects the top ten of 2020’s gothic fiction releases, including work by Stephen Graham Jones, Silvia Moreno Garcia and more.
Michael Pementel of Bloody Disgusting opens up on mental health issues and the comfort he has derived from Tim Burton’s the Nightmare Before Christmas over the years.
‘The Smallest Parts (The Making Of Things)’ by Laurel Hightower is brand new original fiction by Laurel Hightower (Crossroads) and, like so much of her work, finds its scares in the deeply emotional. This writer was breathless by the midpoint, so be warned.
Whatever flavour of horror your nearest and dearest enjoy, Gavin of Kendall Reviews has something for you in his five suggestions for Christmas book gifts.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey