Welcome to Must Read Horror. The internet has been scoured once again for the week’s best horror articles, and the results are in:
- Joe Hill Calls Bullshit on the Crazy Artist Cliché
- Zombie Apocalypse from Now On
- The Awesomely Twisted Films of Frank Henenlotter
- 80s Action Movies, Slasher Films, and their Parallels
- Forgotten Bestsellers: Burnt Offerings
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Joe Hill (Horns, The Fireman) talks about writing, why he chose a pseudonym, and how he lost his mind over at Buzzfeed.
This article over at Spiked looks at the increasing popularity of zombies, and what the future holds for the undead.
Blumhouse explores the films of Frank Henenlotter, whose works include Basket Case, Brain Damage, and Frankenhooker.
In this article, Den of Geek looks at the parallels between Jason Voorhees and John Rambo.
Tor looks at Robert Marasco’s forgotten bestseller, Burnt Offerings.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey