Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Vanity Fair tap into why 2017 was such a stellar year for horror at the cinema
- Bloody Disgusting point us to a video about horror movies which may have been cursed
- Vulture offer up their top ten horror movies of 2017
- Horror Scribes talk to David McCaffrey, author of the Hellbound novels
- Den of Geek point readers to Stephen King’s top ten novels of pure horror
Vanity Fair’s Laura Bradley digs deep into the horror hits at the box office in 2017 and tries to uncover the reasons that this year has been such a successful one for the genre.
John Squire at Bloody Disgusting discusses a video which picks up on six horror movies where the set, props and other associated paraphernalia may have been cursed.
Vulture’s Jordan Crucchiola lists his top ten horror movies of the year, highlighting some lesser known gems, as well as some readers may be familiar with.
Horror Scribes caught up with David McCaffrey to talk about his Hellbound series of books, his inspirations and his idea of what makes good horror.
John Saavedra of Den of Geek picks through Stephen King’s enormous back catalogue to pick out what he feels are the master’s ten greatest works of pure horror.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Must Read Horror will take a brief hiatus next Monday for the Christmas holiday. Rest assured we will be back to point you in the direction of the best horror articles the web has to offer on 1 January.