Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Andy Davidson considers memory and nostalgia in the context of his new novel at Tor Nightfire
- The Horror Tree share a craft article with advice on how to write a weird western
- Dread Central celebrate LatinX heritage month with five films which challenge the colonial mindset
- LitReactor asks: where is all the feminist vampire lit?
- The Ginger Nuts of Horror talk to author Fiona Barnett about The Dark Between The Trees
Author Andy Davidson looks back at the process of writing his new novel, The Hollow Kind, and writes this essay for Tor Nightfire on memories and nostalgia.
In this article for The Horror Tree, author KC Grifant looks at the weird western and, with the sub-genre’s growing popularity, considers ways for writers to get it right.
Dread Central’s Mikey P picks out five highly-rated LatinX horror movies which are guaranteed to challenge the colonial mindset.
LitReactor’s Leah Dearborn looks back at the vast canon of vampire literature and asks where all the feminist examples are.
The Ginger Nuts of Horror sit down with author Fiona Barnett about her debut novel, The Dark Between The Trees and much more.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.