Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Lit Hub asks why creepy children are so compelling
- Bloody Disgusting use the new entry in the Saw franchise to look at the comedians in the horror genre
- Sci-fi and Scary present a chilling piece of original fiction by Patrick Barb
- Kendall Reviews offer three new Books from the Crypt
- The Ginger Nuts of Horror feature an article by writer P.L. McMillan on writing and depression
Writer A. J. Gnuse writes this feature article for Lit Hub, which tackles the question of why creepy children make such compelling subject matter.
Bloody Disgusting use the new entry in the Saw franchise to look at the comedians in the horror genre
Bloody Disgusting’s Wesley Lara takes Chris Rock’s role in the new Saw film, Spiral, and uses it as a springboard to examine other traditionally comedic actors who have worked in horror.
Writer Patrick Barb, editor and writer of comics, short fiction and much more, presents this chilling work of original fiction via Sci-fi and Scary. Enjoy this trip to ‘The Farm’.
Writer and reviewer Steve Stred picks out three new titles for his Books from the Crypt series at Kendall Reviews. Each one is served up with links to a full review, so you can discover these hidden gems from the past.
As part of their ongoing, vitally important ‘The Horror of Humanity’ series, The Ginger Nuts of Horror feature this article by writer P.L. McMillan on living with anxiety and depression in the context of her writing.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey