Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Things a writer should never do to get published
- Joining the dots with the in-depth Stephen King flowchart
- How well do you know horror death scenes?
- Top 15 music videos based on horror movies
- Top 20 horror films available on Netflix
The Gingernuts of Horror are carrying a rundown this week on things writers should not do in order to get published. The article has already generated a lot of debate and any would-be writer who hasn’t read it would do well to check it out.
Bloody Disgusting’s John Squires has dug up a flowchart design which traces every conceivable link between the many characters and locales of the expansive Stephen King literary universe. This seems especially relevant, with the forthcoming Castle Rock series destined to hit our screens this year.
In the lastest quiz from Horror Freak News, Joshua Millican tests how well you know your death scenes and from which film they were taken. Some of these are crazy!
Natasha Van Duser of Alternative Press takes a look at fifteen music videos which were based on horror movies, including links to the youtube versions of the videos and a little back story about how the videos came to be chosen.
Chris Eggertsen and Dariel Figueroa have done the hard work, combing the horror section of Netflix and rating which are the scariest flicks to get your eyeballs into.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey