Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Tor Nightfire begin a new series of articles on horror fiction in audio format with Shawn M. Garrett
- Divination Hollow feature an article by Jamie Zaccaria on the role of female characters in horror
- Writer David Court rates a variety of horror board games for The Ginger Nuts of Horror
- The Ladies of Horror Fiction celebrate lunar new year with offerings by Asian and Asian American women
- Writer Zachary Ashford begins his Graveyard Shift as the warden at Kendall Reviews
Tor Nightfire begin a new series of articles on horror fiction in audio format with Shawn M. Garrett
Pseudopod co-editor Shawn M. Garrett, writing for Tor Nightfire, digs into the history of horror fiction delivered in audio format, kicking off with Dreadful John at Midnight.
Divination Hollow feature this guest post by biologist and writer Jamie Zaccaria on the diversity of roles female characters can take in horror, from the damsel to the demon.
For many people, life is currently all about being stuck at home with their family unit all day every day. Luckily, David Court has been trawling through some top horror board games that might make the process a lot more bearable.
The Ladies of Horror Fiction celebrate lunar new year with offerings by Asian and Asian American women
With Lunar new year having happened this past week, the Ladies of Horror Fiction take the opportunity to recommend some stunning works of horror fiction by women of Asian or Asian American origins.
With his latest release, Sole Survivor II freshly on the shelves, writer Zachary Ashford selects his books, music and luxury item for his week as warden at Kendall Reviews’ Graveyard Shift.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey