Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Tor Nightfire find three contemporary novels which reimagine the gothic
- LitReactor consider how you should decide which conventions and writers’ retreats to attend
- Bloody Disgusting choose eight of the most unusual horror soundtracks ever
- Crime Reads provide a quick guide to starting your novel with a bang
- The Ginger Nuts of Horror find out from illustrator Daniella Batsheva about the horror of her life
Tor Nightfire’s Constance Cochran examines the shifting landscape of the gothic, selecting three contemporary novels to find out how the genre has been reimagined.
Author Jay Wilburn, writing for LitReactor, considers the factors which can help writers decide which conventions and writers’ retreats are the best to attend.
Bloody Disgusting’s Justin Lockwood selects eight of the most unusual horror soundtracks ever in this listicle.
Laura Childs, author of A Dark and Stormy Tea, writes this craft article for Crime Reads on how to ensure your novel starts with a bang.
Illustrator and huge horror fan, Daniella Batsheva talks to The Ginger Nuts of Horror about the horror of her life.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.