Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- LitReactor explain how not to get f*cked by a publisher
- Dread Central join the dots between Jordan Peele’s Nope! and the Mexican Revolution
- LitHub offer writing advice on how to build trust with your reader
- The Ginger Nuts of Horror pick through the bones of the best of Frightfest London 2022
- Kendall Reviews present an in-depth obituary for the late master of horror, Peter Straub
Writer Paul Michael Anderson, whose second collection, Everything Will Be Alright In The End, has just been released, offers this guide to prevent you being stung the next time you’re in need of a publisher, at LitReactor.
Dread Central’s Mikey P looks at the imagery in Jordan Peele’s latest movie, Nope!, and finds a series of references to the Mexican revolution.
Author Jonathan Escoffery, writing for LitHub, presents this craft article on how to build trust with your reader, and not scare them off in anticipation of a story that will drag on forever.
David and Tara Court present the lowdown on the best and the rest of the films on show at Frightfest London 2022, for The Ginger Nuts of Horror.
Paul Flewitt, writing for Kendall Reviews, takes a look back at the gargantuan contribution to the genre of the late Peter Straub.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.