Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Crime Reads explain why The Turn of the Screw still scares us after 125 years
- The Ginger Nuts of Horror present an alternative YA Stoker Award Shortlist
- The Lineup look at the case of a notorious serial killer and ask whether she was doomed from the off
- Bloody Disgusting consider six of the best Frankenstein film adaptations ahead of this year’s Poor Things
- The Horror Tree sit down with author Matt Micheli about his new book Two Minutes with the Devil
Writer and journalist Kate Griffin looks back at Henry James’ The Turn of the Screw 125 years on and explains why it still haunts us after so long in this article for Crime Reads.
Tony Jones, chief librarian at The Ginger Nuts of Horror’s Youngblood Library, picks out an alternative shortlist of fantastic YA fiction which could have made this year’s Stoker Award shortlist.
The Lineup look at the case of a notorious serial killer and ask whether she was doomed from the off
Author and podcaster Lisa Quigley looks back at the case of infamous serial killer, Jane Toppan and wonders whether she was doomed into her dark destiny from the beginning in this article for The Lineup.
Bloody Disgusting consider six of the best Frankenstein film adaptations ahead of this year’s Poor Things
Bloody Disgusting’s Luiz H. C. lists six of the best Frankenstein film adaptations as he prepares for the forthcoming Poor Things.
Writer and poet Sarah Elliot sits down with fellow author Matt Micheli to discuss his new book Tow Minutes with the Devil and much more.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.