Welcome to Must Read Horror. The internet has been scoured once again for the week’s best horror articles, and the results are in:
- The Long, Lonely Walk: Hallways in Horror Films
- Here Be Monsters: A Personal History of Fear
- A Beginner’s Guide Through Hammer Horror
- From Dracula to The Strain: Where do Vampires Come From?
- Paper Cuts: Option This! Vol. 1
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
In this article, The Millions looks at the use of corridors in horror films.
Ray Cluley, author of Probably Monsters, looks back at some of the monsters which frightened him as a youngster, and a few that still do.
The BFI offers an introduction to Hammer Horror over at their website, and a few films which can happily be avoided.
This article from the BBC takes an in-depth look at the origins of the vampire, from Dracula through to The Strain.
Adam Cesare’s column, in which he looks at several books ripe for movie adaptations, continues over at Cemetery Dance Magazine.