Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Mother Horror picks out eight terrifying translated tales for LitReactor
- Gemma Amor writes for Horrified Magazine on the female experience of fear
- Kendall Reviews present the first chapter of Mark Matthews new novel, The Hobgoblin of Little Minds
- Dread Central feature an elegiac love letter to horror cinema by Chad Collins
- John Joseph Adams talks for Nightmare Magazine with Wendy N. Wagner on their love of horror fiction
Sadie Hartmann writes for LitReactor on eight outstanding horror stories in translation, to help you expand your reading horizons.
In this in-depth article for Horrified Magazine, Gemma Amor (Girl on Fire), writes on the female perspective of fear, digging into personal experiences and leading into the unquiet revolution which continues to mould the horror fiction scene.
Kendall Reviews present an exclusive abridged first chapter excerpt of Mark Matthews acclaimed new novel, The Hobgoblin of Little Minds.
Chad Collins, writing for Dread Central, describes his love for horror cinema and the theatre experience’s role in making him the huge fan of the genre he is today. He laments the pandemic situation’s closing of cinemas and looks forward to a time when they will reopen.
As he passes on the baton of editor of Nightmare Magazine to Wendy N. Wagner, John Joseph Adams talks with them about their shared love of all things horror fiction.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey