It’s incredible to think just how far Read Horror has come since its birth in April. What started as a one-man operation focussing on fiction has evolved into a seventeen-person strong website covering horror in all its guises. To describe it as an evolution, I feel, is accurate as we have always made little steps to better the site. The most notable steps I feel were as follows:
- Recruiting our first columnists – BC Furtney and Simon Marshall-Jones.
- Expanding our team to include reviewers such as Dan Howarth and Ross Anthony Warren.
- The launch of our film branch See Horror.
- The Halloween Horror Event at Warwick Arts Centre with David Moody, Gary McMahon and Adam Nevill.
- Picking up ‘Blog of the Year’ from The Black Abyss and making Ginger Nuts of Horror’s ‘Blogs of the Year’ list.
Today marks a new step, This Is Horror. This Is Horror merges Read Horror and See Horror into one website. We want to offer you – humble reader – the complete horror solution and believe it makes sense to have everything under one website. As you can see the website is still divided into Read Horror and See Horror subsections for ease of use.
We will be making changes over the coming weeks to both the aesthetics, user experience and content. We would love to hear what you think to the look of the new website thus far, so do feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment section.