In this podcast Andy Davidson talks about his new novel In the Valley of the Sun, childhood memories, writing motivation, and much more.
About Andy Davidson
Born and raised in Arkansas, Andy Davidson graduated from the University of Mississippi in 2004 with a Master of Fine Arts in Creative Writing. His work has appeared in print and online journals. His first novel, In the Valley of the Sun is out now. He lives in Georgia with his wife.
- [03:55] Interview start/childhood
- [23:00] In the Valley of the Sun—why was it originally written as a script and what prompted the change to a novel?
- [52:45] Ten years writing hiatus, prompted by external forces to start caring more about the future
- [01:04:35] Approaching the MFA in Creative Writing if starting over
Get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/thisishorror. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. This week we recommend The Fisherman by Victor LaValle and Alien Out Of The Shadows by Tim Lebbon.
Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Silent Hill meets David Lynch in Betty Rocksteady’s Like Jagged Teeth. The guys following her home are bad enough, but when Jacalyn’s Poppa comes to the rescue, things only get worse. After all, he’s been dead for six years. When she ends up back at Poppa’s new apartment, nothing feels right. The food here doesn’t taste how food should taste. The doors don’t work how doors are supposed to work. And something’s not right with Poppa. Guilt and sickness spiral Jacalyn into a nightmarish new reality of hallucinations and body horror. Like Jagged Teeth by Betty Rocksteady is available wherever nightmares are sold.
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey