In this podcast Tony McMillen talks about horror and heavy metal, his best failure, Nefarious Twit, and much more.
About Tony McMillen
Tony McMillen is the author of the novels An Augmented Fourth and Nefarious Twit, and the comic book Oblivion Suite.
- [02:05] Adrian Shotbolt, via Patreon, asks what the best song that incorporates the augmented fourth is.
- [04:00] Adrian Shotbolt asks about songs on soundtrack to An Augmented Fourth
- [09:10] Thomas Joyce, via Patreon, asks about the influence of music and listening to music whilst writing
- [16:00] Thomas Joyce asks if An Augmented Fourth is intentionally very different from Nefarious Twit
- [29:00] A story that isn’t classically horror that Tony would put in the genre
- [32:40]Advice to eighteen-year-old self
- [34:15] Worst writing advice
- [37:10] Best failure
- [40:10] Working on one story at a time / Wesley Snipes is an author reveal
- [51:50] Two fiction and two nonfiction recommendations
- [59:20] Two items cannot live without
- [01:01:10] Favourite Black Sabbath album (note: I think Tony’s favourite album is actually Sabbath Bloody Sabbath as it has ‘fluff’ and canned applause. Paranoid has neither.)[02:12:10] Something changed mind on and why
- [01:09:40] Next project
- [01:13:20] Connect with Tony McMillen
Get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/thisishorror. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. This week we recommend The Ballad of Black Tom by Victor LaValle.
Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Anarchists, assassins, and assholes make up the three types of people you’ll find in Andrew Hilbert’s new novel, Invasion of the Weirdos, out now from Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing. There’s also a robot vending machine that hugs children. Yeah, things get a little weird in this psychedelic journey set in the heart of Austin, TX. Obviously. Where else? Portland? HA! Invasion of the Weirdos by Andrew Hilbert is available right freakin’ now.
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.