In this podcast Adam Millard discusses his christmas release, The Human Santapede, the evolution of his publishing house Crowded Quarantine, the state of bizarro, splatterpunk, Christmas horror recommendations and much more.
About Adam Millard
Adam Millard is the author of twenty novels, ten novellas, and more than a hundred short stories, which can be found in various collections and anthologies. Probably best known for his post-apocalyptic fiction, Adam also writes fantasy/horror for children. He created the character Peter Crombie, Teenage Zombie just so he had something decent to read to his son at bedtime. Adam also writes Bizarro fiction for several publishers, who enjoy his tales of flesh-eating clown-beetles and rabies-infected derrieres so much that they keep printing them. His “Dead” series has recently been the filling in a Stephen King/Bram Stoker sandwich on Amazon’s bestsellers chart. When he’s not writing about the nightmarish creatures battling for supremacy in his head, Adam writes for This Is Horror and is currently our Reviews Editor.
- [01:45] Adam Millard’s career to-date
- [05:25] What is splatterpunk and what is bizarro and what’s the distinction between the two?
- [08:40] Horror and comedy
- [10:35] The bizarro scene
- [16:49] What makes a good bizarro story and what pitfalls should you avoid?
- [28:20] The evolution of Crowded Quarantine
- [32:50] Zombies and vampires
- [48:50] The Human Santapede
- [01:03:00] Favourite Christmas horror movies
- [01:15:25] Christmas traditions
- [01:32:45] The Babadook
- [01:52:20] Best horror movies of 2014
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Sponsors & Affiliates
Check out some of the horror titles we think you’ll enjoy via our Amazon UK store. When you make a purchase Amazon kick-back some of the proceeds to This Is Horror which enables us to pay for the website and podcast hosting and associated costs.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey