It’s that time of year again, friends. The This Is Horror Awards 2017 are now open. Please send your votes to [email protected] with the subject line ‘Awards 2017’. To cast a vote simply write the category and your vote for each award. You may vote for your top two in each category. For example:
1. First choice
2. Second choice
This is in place in the event that there is a tiebreaker for first place after the votes have been counted.
Here are the awards and nominations.
Novel of the Year
- Black Mad Wheel by Josh Malerman
- I Wish I Was Like You by S.P. Miskowski
- In the Valley of the Sun by Andy Davidson
- The Changeling by Victor LaValle
- The Devil Crept In by Ania Ahlborn
Novella of the Year
- Agents of Dreamland by Caitlin R. Kiernan
- In the River by Jeremy Robert Johnson
- Mapping The Interior by Stephen Graham Jones
- Quiet Places by Jasper Bark
- The Murders of Molly Southbourne by Tade Thompson
Short Story Collection of the Year
- Behold the Void by Philip Fracassi
- Everything That’s Underneath by Kristi DeMeester
- Her Body and Other Parties: Stories by Carmen Maria Machado
- She Said Destroy by Nadia Bulkin
- 13 Views of the Suicide Woods by Bracken MacLeod
Anthology of the Year
- Behold!: Oddities, Curiosities and Undefinable Wonders, edited by Doug Murano
- Black Feathers: Dark Avian Tales: An Anthology, edited by Ellen Datlow
- Looming Low Volume I, edited by Justin Steele and Sam Cowan
- New Fears, edited by Mark Morris
- The Beauty of Death 2 —Death By Water, edited by Alessandro Manzetti & Jodi Renée Lester
Fiction Magazine of the Year
Publisher of the Year
Fiction Podcast of the Year
- Nightmare Magazine Podcast
- Tales to Terrify
- The NoSleep Podcast
- The Other Stories by Hawk & Cleaver
Nonfiction Podcast of the Year
- Last Podcast on the Left
- Lore Podcast
- Lovecraft eZine Podcast
- Post Mortem with Mick Garris
- The Horror Show with Brian Keene
Voting closes at 12:01am GMT on Monday 26 February 2018.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey