It’s that time of year again, friends. The This Is Horror Awards 2016 are now open. Please send your votes to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Awards 2016’. To cast a vote simply write the category and your vote for each award. You may vote for your top two in each category. For example:
1. First choice
2. Second choice
This is in place in the event that there is a tiebreaker for first place after the votes have been counted.
Here are the awards and nominations.
Novel of the Year
- Disappearance at Devil’s Rock by Paul Tremblay
- Experimental Film by Gemma Files
- Mongrels by Stephen Graham Jones
- Paper Tigers by Damien Angelica Walters
- Stranded by Bracken MacLeod
- The Fisherman by John Langan
Novella of the Year
- Detritus in Love by Mercedes M. Yardley and John Boden
- Hammers on Bone by Cassandra Khaw
- Noctuidae by Scott Nicolay
- The Ballad of Black Tom by Victor LaValle
- The Warren by Brian Evenson
- X’s For Eyes by Laird Barron
Short Story Collection of the Year
- A Collapse of Horses by Brian Evenson
- Ecstatic Inferno by Autumn Christian
- Furnace by Livia Llewellyn
- Greener Pastures by Michael Wehunt
- The Lure of Devouring Light by Michael Griffin
- The Parts We Play by Stephen Volk
Anthology of the Year
- Autumn Cthulhu, edited by Mike Davis
- Eternal Frankenstein, edited by Ross E. Lockhart
- Gutted: Beautiful Horror Stories, edited by Doug Murano and D. Alexander Ward
- Lost Signals, edited by Max Booth III and Lori Michelle
- Nightmares: A New Decade of Modern Horror, edited by Ellen Datlow
- Peel Back The Skin, edited by Anthony Rivera and Sharon Lawson
Fiction Magazine of the Year
Publisher of the Year
- Crystal Lake Publishing
- Dark Regions Press
- Grey Matter Press
- Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
- Word Horde
Fiction Podcast of the Year
- Small Town Horror
- The Black Tapes
- The Other Stories by Hawk & Cleaver
- Welcome To Night Vale
Nonfiction Podcast of the Year
- Booked. Podcast
- Lovecraft eZine Podcast
- The Faculty of Horror
- The Grim Tidings Podcast
- The Horror Show with Brian Keene
- The Know Fear Podcast
Voting closes at 12:01am GMT on Monday 23 January 2017.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd. What have got to lose? I guess, nothing really, you could unsubscribe any time. I mean, technically you could just grab the free eBook and run. That'd be it. Easy. But don't do that. Stick around. You might like it here.