Simon Bestwick announces new novel
Simon Bestwick, author of The Faceless and co-author of the This Is Horror chapbook Thin Men With Yellow Faces has announced that his next novel Redman’s Hill will be released in December 2016 through Solaris. For further details of the genesis of Redman’s Hill, head over to the Solaris website.
Horror comes for free
The Horror Channel, previously only available via satellite subscription, will today come to FreeView in the UK. The channel, which screens a wide range of shows, from classic Doctor Who to films such as Pan’s Labyrinth will now be bringing horror to a much wider audience. The Horror Channel will be channel 70 on FreeView listings.
Stellar cast for Peculiar Children
Tim Burton will helm the screen adaptation of Ransom Riggs’ novel Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children and will be joined by a cracking cast including Samuel L. Jackson, Eva Green and Dame Judi Dench. The film has a tentative release date of 4 March 2016.
The Hoff gets caught in a Sharknado
David Hasselhoff, The Hoff to his legions of fans, has been confirmed as starring in Sharknado 3. The Baywatch sar, will join existing cast members Ian Ziering, Tara Reid and Cassie Scerbo. Bo Derek will also join the cast of the film, which will air on Syfy in July.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey