Last year the This Is Horror Awards 2011 were a great success – we received votes from across the world and were fortunate enough to have our Awards covered in a multitude of media. This year we’re back and the awards will be bigger and better than ever.
The first stage of the This Is Horror Awards 2012 begins now. Readers can e-mail in their nominations for each of the fifteen Award categories. Taking into consideration the nominations for each category This Is Horror will then draw up a shortlist.
The nominations stage runs from September 3 2012 through until October 31 2012.
- To be eligible for an award, where applicable, the creative work (video game, film, book etc) must have been released between October 20, 2011 and October 20, 2012. This means that the first release – whether cinema, DVD or other – must have occurred within the above time period.
(For a TV series to be eligible it must have premiered between October 1, 2011 and October 20, 2012 and the series must conclude before the shortlist is announced on Monday December 17, 2012.)
- You may only nominate two items per category, if you nominate more than two This Is Horror will only recognise your first two nominations.
- You may nominate in as many categories as you like.
- Do not send in a nomination for your own work or anything which you are affiliated with.
- All nominations must be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line ‘This Is Horror Award Nominations 2012’
The award categories are as follows
- Novel of the Year
- Film of the Year
- TV Series of the Year
- Comic of the Year
- Short Story Collection of the Year
- Short Story of the Year*
- Novella of the Year*
- Chapbook of the Year
- Anthology of the Year
- Publisher of the Year
- Magazine of the Year
- Event of the Year
- Film Score of the Year
- Classic Soundtrack of the Year
- Video Game of the Year*
- Tattoo Artist of the Year*
- Artist of the Year*
- Podcast of the Year* (As requested by the fans of horror)
* Denotes a brand new award for 2012
Public nominations close at 12:01am on October 31, 2012.
Please note for obvious reasons no This Is Horror publications may be considered for a This Is Horror Award.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.