In this podcast Jonathan Oliver talks about early life lessons, publishing, reading genre fiction, and much more.
About Jonathan Oliver
Jonathan Oliver is the multi-award winning editor of The End of The Line, Magic, House of Fear, End of the Road, and Dangerous Games. He’s also written a couple of novels and a bunch of short stories. He lives in Abingdon with his family and their cat.
- [04:10] Early life lessons growing up
- [10:30] Parental encouragement reading/weird fiction
- [15:30] First note under the door
- [24:25] Motivational notes from Jon’s daughter/ parenting and exposing children to appropriate genre horror
- [44:20] First experiences writing
- [52:30] Pros and cons of publishing—independent, traditional, hybrid.
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley, narrated by RJ Bayley
The Sinister Horror Company
The Sinister Horror Company has a simple mission: to write, publish and launch innovative and exciting genre fiction.