In this podcast Damien Angelica Walters talks about The Dead Girls Club, Crooked Lane Books, Bookstagram and much more.
About Damien Angelica Walters
Damien Angelica Walters is the author of the supernatural thriller, The Dead Girls Club, about two young girls, a scary story that becomes far too real, and the tragic and terrifying consequences that follow one of them into adulthood. She is also the author of Cry Your Way Home, Paper Tigers, and Sing Me Your Scars, winner of This is Horror’s Short Story Collection of the Year. Her short fiction has been nominated twice for a Bram Stoker Award, reprinted in The Year’s Best Dark Fantasy & Horror and The Year’s Best Weird Fiction, and published in various anthologies and magazines, including the Shirley Jackson Award Finalists Autumn Cthulhu and The Madness of Dr. Caligari, World Fantasy Award Finalist Cassilda’s Song, Nightmare Magazine, Black Static, and Apex Magazine. Until the magazine’s closing in 2013, she was an Associate Editor of the Hugo Award-winning Electric Velocipede. She lives in Maryland with her husband and two rescued pit bulls.
- [03:40] Kane Taylor, via Patreon, asks about advice/tips for those starting out as a writers
- [11:40] Promote the stuff you love, don’t shit on the stuff you hate
- [10:00] Being kind to ourselves.
- [26:30] Lucas Milliron, via Patreon, asks about poetical prose
- [29:55] Editing and murdering darlings
- [31:50] Traci Kenworth, via Patreon, asks about foreshadowing
- [41:30] What Damien hopes people say about her when she’s not in the room
- [51:50] ‘Guilty’ pleasures / Post Malone
- [01:06:50] What frightens Damien
- [01:11:30] Personal philosophies
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley, narrated by RJ Bayley
I’m Not Even Supposed to Be Here Today by Brian Asman
Pick up the brand new Brian Asman book, I’m Not Even Supposed To Be Here Today.