In this podcast Nik Korpon talks about genre hopping, literary agents, 500 rejections, and much more.
About Nik Korpon
Nik Korpon is the author of several books, including The Soul Standard, Stay God, Sweet Angel, The Rebellion’s Last Traitor, and Wear Your Home Like a Scar.
- [03:00] Conversation start/ early life lessons
- [04:30] Memories growing up
- [06:00] Living in different places
- [09:25] From Catholicism to Buddhism / art vs artist
- [17:10] First experiences with story
- [23:45] Music in formative years
- [31:05] Genre hopping
- [37:00] Literary agents
- [50:35] Resilience, mental health, and 500 rejections
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Doomsday Furnace by Brent Michael Kelley
A starship is separated from its fleet, and the captain must resort to desperate measures. A man wakes one morning to find out everyone in the world has dreamed of killing him. The embodiment of drought has a disastrous adventure at sea. Children are offered to, and sometimes taken by, the thing that lives beneath the sand. A killer seeks redemption and freedom on a mountaintop. An energy station near the sun aims to permanently address mankind’s energy needs. A cloud of strange and deadly radiation has appeared in Earth’s orbital path. An alien presence teaches an amateur surgeon the true value of friendship. These tales and more await you inside the Doomsday Furnace, a collection of 14 catastrophic yarns by Brent Michael Kelley.
Night Creepers by David Irons
Seven strangers are asked to attend the funeral and will reading of the affluent Gregory Blitzer, a man who the attendees’ only thing in common is the mutual hatred they had for him in life.
While at the funerals remote church setting, they soon find themselves trapped inside, unable to escape. Forced to open Gregory’s coffin, they find no body inside, only a ragged torn out hole leading to the catacombs beneath the graveyard.
Something has been living underground, something that’s been spawning.
Something that’s… hungry.
Night Creepers: You are what they eat.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey