In this podcast Brian Kirk talks about We Are Monsters, psychedelics, coping with anxiety, and much more.
Brian Kirk is an author of dark thrillers and psychological suspense. His debut novel, We Are Monsters, was nominated for a Bram Stoker Award for Superior Achievement in a First Novel. His latest novel is Will Haunt You, though unlike most novels you don’t read it, it reads you. And his short fiction has been published in many notable magazines and award-winning anthologies, including Gutted: Beautiful Horror Stories and Behold! Oddities, Curiosities, and Undefinable Wonders.
- [02:00] Early life lessons growing up
- [23:45] We Are Monsters / our own brain turning against us
- [39:25] Psychedelics
- [53:25] Coping with anxiety and negative thought loops
Thanks for Listening!
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on iTunes
- Listen to This Is Horror Podcast on Spotify
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey