In this podcast Sarah Langan talks about The Keeper, Audrey’s Door, creativity, and much more.
About Sarah Langan
Sarah Langan is an American horror author and three-time Bram Stoker Award winner. Langan was also one of the judges for the inaugural Shirley Jackson Award and is currently on the Board of Directors.
- [03:00] Early life lessons growing up
- [09:10] What keeps Sarah coming back to writing
- [14:25] First experiences with story
- [18:00] First experiences writing
- [20:45] Undergraduate degree in Creative Writing
- [26:10] Parenting and raising children
- [41:10] Literary agents
- [49:50] Creativity with husband, J. T. Petty
- [53:40] The Keeper and Stephen King pseudonym story
- [56:55] Virus/The Missing name discrepancy
- [59:35] Audrey’s Door
- [01:19:20] Jason White, via Patreon, asks if there will be a new novel anytime soon
- [01:21:25] Making changes: what will and won’t make
- [01:27:50] Daily working routine
- [01:29:50] Circle of Confusion Management
- [01:35:20] Ryan Whitley, via Patreon, asks about subscribing to one or two print horror short story magazines
- [01:41:00] What Sarah hopes people say about her when she’s not in the room
- [01:43:25] Connect with Sarah
- [01:46:35] Final thoughts
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
If It Bleeds by Matthew M. Bartlett
A limited edition chapbook published by Nightscape Press.
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey