In this podcast Ray Cluley talks about full-time and part-time writing, authentic storytelling, research for stories and much more.
About Ray Cluley
Ray Cluley has been published in Black Static, Interzone and Crimewave from TTA Press, Shadows & Tall Trees from Undertow Press, and Icarus from Lethe Press, as well as featuring in a variety of anthologies. ‘Shark! Shark!’ won the British Fantasy Award for Best Short Story in 2013, while Water For Drowning was nominated for Best Novella in 2015. His most recent work includes Within the Wind, Beneath the Snow from Snowbooks and a collection, Probably Monsters, from ChiZine Press.
- [03:25] Interview start
- [04:30] Full-time writing and writing while working
- [10:00] Conveying fear in different mediums/television talk
- [22:25] Jake Marley, via Patreon, asks about short story writing process from start to finish
- [40:00] Objectionable characters and controversy/separating the art and the artist
- [49:10] Authentic storytelling and researching places you haven’t been
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.