In this podcast Helen Marshall talks about Gifts for the One Who Comes After and Medieval Research.
About Helen Marshall
Helen Marshall is an award-winning author, editor, and bibliophile. Her poetry and fiction have been published in The Chiaroscuro, Abyss & Apex, Lady Churchill’s Rosebud Wristlet, Tor.com and has been reprinted in several Year’s Best anthologies. Her debut collection of short stories Hair Side, Flesh Side (ChiZine Publications, 2012) was named one of the top ten books of 2012 by January Magazine and won the British Fantasy Sydney J. Bounds Award. Her second collection Gifts for the One Who Comes After (ChiZine Publications, 2014) won the Shirley Jackson Award and has been short-listed for the World Fantasy Award, the British Fantasy Award, the Bram Stoker Award and the Aurora Award.
- [01:00] Helen’s poetry
- [04:40] Morning rituals and daily habits
- [6:00] Napping
- [09:55] Medieval research at Oxford University
- [17:50] Fantasy and reality
- [23:00] Gifts for the One Who Comes After collection
- [30:10] Praise from other writers
- [31:15] Intimidating writers
- [34:05] Interacting with our heroes and the future of social media
- [39:00] Scaring readers in short stories
- [50:20] Strangest place visited
- [52:25] Five items you can’t live without
- [53:10] Book recommendations
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.