In this podcast Josh Malerman talks about Bird Box, the Horror label, overnight success, music, comedy, horror soundtracks, live readings and so much more!
About Josh Malerman
Josh Malerman is the author of the novel Bird Box and the novella Ghastle and Yule. He’s also the lead singer/songwriter for the band the High Strung. He lives in Ferndale, Michigan with his fiancee Allison Laakko.
- [07:35] Josh Malerman interview start
- [10:33] How Josh became a published author
- [13:28] The misconception of ‘overnight’ success
- [18:12] Goblin collection of novellas
- [20:20] The ‘horror’ label
- [32:00] The rough draft of Bird Box
- [41:00] Horror and comedy
- [49:20] The link between Josh’s music and writing
- [57:30] Horror soundtracks and scores
- [01:00:49] Live readings
Sponsors & Affiliates
The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
Head on over to the This Is Horror Shop to see the books we have available.
This includes The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud which comes out at the end of March. You can pre-order The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud right now.
[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/3426252/height-orig/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/height/90″ height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=”custom”]
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey