Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
William Meikle’s The Ghost Club released tomorrow through Crystal Lake
Channeling the most prominent voices in Victorian storytelling, such as Conan Doyle, Bram Stoker, Oscar Wilde, William Meikle delivers a collection of new short stories which readers are to imagine were rediscovered. Critical acclaim is already pouring in for the way in which he has been able to tell stories in so many of the period’s great voices. You can pre-order your copy right here.
Short film The Sunken Convent available now on Screen Anarchy
Directed by Michael Panduro, who has been responsible for music videos by the likes of Napalm Death and Cephalic Carnage, and with his latest video for the super group Dead Cross winning the ‘Best Horror Short of the Year’ award from Movieweb, The Sunken Convent is a wordless short film that explores the self-destructive nature of mankind, focussing acutely on our tendency towards habit over logic. The film has been selected for showing at more than sixty festivals and is available online now, here.
Festive fear in Once Upon a Time at Christmas, available next week on DVD and digital download
Released 11 December on digital download and DVD, Once Upon a Time at Christmas is the festive horror film of the year. The film depicts Mr and Mrs Claus as serial killers on a rampage in upstate New York. While the attacks first seem random, a high school girl and a cop manage to piece together a pattern behind the killings and then face a race against time to stop the killings. You can pre-order your copy here.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey