Here’s a small selection of the horror and genre news that caught our eye during the last week …
Nailbiters is the new short story collection by Paul B Kane (Sherlock Holmes and the Servants of Hell), featuring tales of crime and psychological terror. The book has been released through Black Shuck Books and has already been warmly received, and was recently launched to a packed audience in Derby. The book is available in paperback and a limited edition hardback, which also comes with an e-book and a DVD, featuring a short film The Opportunity, from director Lewis Copson. You can get your copy here.
Easter themed horror B-movie, The Beaster Bunny, coming to DVD 3 April
For genre fans looking for a film that doesn’t take itself too seriously, 3 April sees the release of The Beaster Bunny on DVD and Blu-ray. Described as ;the greatest Easter horror film ever released’ and quite possibly the only one, The Beaster Bunny follows a group of people in a forest where people have seemingly been victims of wolf attacks. It soon becomes apparent though that the killings have been performed by a different creature altogether.
First look at new forest-based horror, Redwood, to be released autumn 2017
Putting a fresh spin on the well-trodden path of a young couple camping in the forest and encountering mythological wildlife, Redwood is set for a release this coming autumn. Starring Nicholas Brendan (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) and Jessica-Jane Stafford (The Real Hustle), the film follows the story of a couple who, upon receiving bad news, go off to the forest to digest things before dealing with it. Things soon start to go wrong.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey