Huge news emerged this week about a new installment in the Silent Hill game franchise. Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima and film legend Guillermo del Toro will be teaming up on the new game which could potentially be called Silent Hills. The game will also star The Walking Dead‘s Norman Reedus in the main role. Needless to say, this news has taken This Is Horror by storm and we will be bringing you all the updates on this as they become available. The teaser can be seen below.
Nyctophobia gets release date
Christopher Fowler’s latest novel Nyctophobia will be released on 7 October in the US and 9 October in the UK. The haunted house novel is set in Southern Spain. A British architect finds her dream home in Spain and upon delving into the history of the now deserted house, begins to find things that will draw her into darkness and delusion.
Wolf Creek 2 hits screens big and small
Wolf Creek 2 will show at FrightFest on Friday 22 August at 10.45pm and will also debut on DVD and Blu-Ray on 15 September. The follow up to the cult classic Wolf Creek will feature outback psychopath Mick Taylor as he revels in the bloodshed he creates.
Headliner announced for Grimmfest
This year’s Grimmfest will be held in Manchester from the 2-5 October and will feature metal band Goblin as they live score Dario Argento’s classic film Suspiria. This unique event will take place in The Dancehouse in Manchester on Friday 3 October. There will also be previews shown of the Grimmfest produced British horror film White Settlers on 15-18 September. For tickets please head over to the Grimmfest website.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey