“For the first time, Mike Mignola’s iconic Hellboy comes to life in all new omnibus collections, told in chronological order.”
Summoned from the bowels of Hell by Rasputin during the end of World War II, a strange humanoid child arrives on Earth and is rescued by Professor Trevor Bruttenholm. Raised as a man instead of a demon, the child quickly grows and uses his otherworldly powers to fight evil at every turn.
Conflicted with an internal need to fulfill his destiny, Hellboy makes the choice to pave his own path, becoming the backbone of the United States Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense, pledging to use his powers for good.
Why we’re excited about this book:
Over twenty-four years ago, Mike Mignola drew a red demonoid figure with “Hellboy” on his belt with no intention of ever doing anything with the character. But he liked the name, and a new kind of supernatural hero was born. Spanning several comic series and two major motion pictures–with another one directed by Neil Marshall set for 2019–Hellboy is one the most well known and most beloved comic book heroes ever. For the first time, Mike Mignola’s iconic Hellboy comes to life in all new omnibus collections, told in chronological order. The first omnibus collection releases 22 May 2018, and is available for pre-order right now.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey