“With this themed collection, Cisco examines the horror of isolation as only he can, exposing the dark corners of a relatable, and often terrifying, subject.”
Ten stories about isolation.
How it affects people. What isolated people do to one another, and themselves.
Portraits of those trapped in their identities, trapped with their own ideas.
People who fear being seen by others.
People who fear seeing themselves.
Why we’re excited about this book:
Michael Cisco is one of the premier writers of haunting, fantastical fiction working today. The author of Unlanguage, Celebrant, Animal Money, The Narrator, The Tyrant, and The Divinity Student, Cisco’s short fiction has appeared in The Weird, The Grimscribe’s Puppets, Postscripts to Darkness, Lovecraft Unbound, Penumbrae, Black Wings, and Aickman’s Heirs among others. With this themed collection, Cisco examines the horror of isolation as only he can, exposing the dark corners of a relatable, and often terrifying, subject. China Miéville (Perdido Street Station, The City and The City) says: “With this extraordinary collection Cisco proves he is as incomparable in short form as he is in long. Astonishing. Michael Cisco is of a different kind and league from almost anyone writing today.” , and Thomas Ligotti (Songs of a Dead Dreamer, The Conspiracy Against the Human Race) says: “Michael Cisco’s works immerse the reader in worlds that are not simply dreamlike in the quality of their imagination but somehow manage to capture and convey the power of the dream itself.”
Forthcoming from Grimscribe Press 15 May 2021, Antisocieties by Michael Cisco is available for pre-order now.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey