March sees the start of the Heritage of Horror season over on Horror Channel. The line-up is a celebration of the finest British horror from the past and the present. Starting on 9 March, Horror Channel will be screening the pick of British horror including two UK TV premieres.
First up is the 1973 subterranean shocker Death Line. Donald Pleasance heads the cast in this atmospheric chiller that also features a cameo from Hammer Horror icon Christopher Lee.
2010 British werewolf movie 13 hrs premieres on the channel on 16 March. Starring former Hollyoaks siren Gemma Atkinson and Harry Potter star Tom Felton, the film was voted as “Best British Horror” at the Grimm Up North Festival and promises to be a must-see for fans of lupine horror.
23 March is the turn of horror classic Blood on Satan’s Claw. Filmed in 1971 and set in the 17th Century, this brutal film with its cast list of fantastic actors is guaranteed to please fans both old and new alike.
The final film in the Heritage of Horror season is another 2010 release receiving its premiere. Buffy star Charisma Carpenter takes the lead in Psychosis, the story of a novelist suffering from a serious breakdown.
Horror Channel can be found on Sky channel 319, Virgin TV 149 or Freesat channel 138.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey