Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Bloody Disgusting explain everything you need to know about folk horror before watching Ari Aster’s new film, Midsommar
- SPOILERS: NME pull together all of the horror ‘easter eggs’ found in Jordan Peele’s Us
- Signal Horizon provide a comprehensive list of all the horror, Sci-fi fantasy and comic book adaptations currently in the works for TV or cinema
- The Gingernuts of Horror runs a feature article by V. Castro on Latinx authors in genre
- Scream magazine feature an interview with Grady Hendrix that is both hilarious and informative
Bloody Disgusting explain everything you need to know about folk horror before watching Ari Aster’s new film, Midsommar
Peg Aloi at Bloody Disgusting has kindly pulled together everything you need to know about rituals, pagan cults and human sacrifice for those new to the folk horror genre, ahead of the release of Midsommar, the new film from Ari Aster (Hereditary).
Jordan Bassett has been through Jordan Peele’s Us with a fine-toothed comb and picked out all of the horror movie easter eggs, referring back to some of the horror classics that inspired him.
Signal Horizon provide a comprehensive list of all the horror, Sci-fi fantasy and comic book adaptations currently in the works for TV or cinema
Tracy Palmer of Signal Horizon has been busy compiling an enormous, exhaustive list of everything currently in development for TV or cinema, from the myriad worlds of horror, sci-fi, fantasy and comic books.
For anyone looking for a place to start with Latinx authors in genre fiction, V. Castro is here to help. In this guest post, she picks out well-known names and newcomers from across genre fiction from all across the burgeoning latinx author community. Not to be missed.
Scream Magazine feature an interview with author Grady Hendrix about his work and more besides, including a haunted Ikea.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey