Welcome to Must Read Horror, where we search the internet for the best horror articles of the week so you don’t have to. Without further ado:
- Silent Motorist Media present ten weird writers that should be on all of our radars in 2019
- Cracked pick out five horror movie sub-genres that will never die
- Real life horror-obsessed band, ‘Bloody Hammers,’ pick their five favourite fictional horror movie bands for Loudwire
- The Guardian look forward to the release of the movie, In Fabric, and look back to other horrors based in and around the fashion industry
- Farah Rose Smith talks to The Gingernuts of Horror about her new short story collection, Of One Pure Will
The team at Silent Motorist Media, whose first anthology, Mannequin: Tales of Wood Made Flesh, was recently released, put together a stellar list of writers working in the weird. If any of these aren’t yet on your TBR pile, this article is a must.
Ian Fortey of Cracked looks over the history of horror, to pick out five sub-genres that will likely always be around in horror cinema.
Real life horror-obsessed band, ‘Bloody Hammers,’ pick their five favourite fictional horror movie bands for Loudwire
Coinciding with the launch of their new album, The Summoning, North Carolina-based doom band, Bloody Hammers talk to Loudwire’s Joe Divita about their horror origins, as well as choosing five favourite fictional horror movie bands.
The Guardian look forward to the release of the movie, In Fabric, and look back to other horrors based in and around the fashion industry
Steve Rose writes a feature article for The Guardian on forthcoming film In Fabric, and relates the themes explored to horror cinema’s wider relationship with the fashion and clothing industries.
Farah Rose Smith talks to The Gingernuts of Horror about her new short story collection, Of One Pure Will
Strangeness is the order of the day, as Farah Rose Smith talks with The Gingernuts of Horror about her new collection, Of One Pure Will, as well as her writing process, editing an anthology and much more.
For more articles like this, please follow @thisishorror on Twitter.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey