In this podcast we interview Wayne Simmons, the author of Plastic Jesus and a plethora of zombie novels. Wayne talks about writing, zombies, tattoos and much more.
[00:49] Wayne Simmons’ start in fiction writing
[04:20] The influence of and friendship with David Moody
[07:30] The filmic quality of Plastic Jesus
[10:30] Screenwriting and film options
[15:40] Drop Dead Gorgeous, the arrival of zombies, and tattoos
[18:05] The importance of writing about what you know
[19:29] Upcoming projects/juggling multiple stories/writing within different subgenres
[41:52] Marketing Plastic Jesus and a regular writing routine
[1:10:40] Lawrence Block
[1:14:10] Favourite books and films of 2013
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Resources and recommendations
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.