In this podcast Kurt Fawver talks about The Dissolution of Small Worlds, Thomas Ligotti’s work as conspiracy, Special Collections, and much more.
About Kurt Fawver
Shirley Jackson Award winner Kurt Fawver lives in that dark land of swamps and simulacra known as Florida, but is originally from the Pennsylvanian wasteland that lies between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. His favorite cryptid is the Mongolian death worm. He is the author of The Dissolution of Small Worlds and Forever, In Pieces.
- [03:00] Most persuasive conspiracy theory explored
- [04:50] Thomas Ligotti’s view of work as a conspiracy
- [17:20] Lessons learnt putting together the first collection applied to the second
- [21:10] Story selection
- [28:05] Anthologies/collections with or without themes
- [40:35] ‘Special Collections’
- [47:40] Novel plans
- [51:35] What frightens Kurt
- [55:40] Something Kurt believes many others do not
- [01:02:00] Weirdest childhood experience
- [01:09:20]Final thoughts
- [01:10:50] Connect with Kurt
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Ashes and Entropy
Nightscape Press is proud to present Ashes and Entropy edited by Robert S. Wilson, an anthology of cosmic horror and noir/neo-noir. Ashes and Entropy will include brand new stories by Laird Barron, Damien Angelica Walters, John Langan, Kristi DeMeester, Jon Padgett, Jayaprakash Satyamurthy, Lucy A. Snyder, Tim Waggoner, Jessica McHugh, Paul Michael Anderson, Max Booth III, Lynne Jamneck, Greg Sisco, Lisa Mannetti, Nate Southard,Erinn L. Kemper, Matthew M. Bartlett, Autumn Christian, and will be published in December of 2018.
Tormented by Lee Mountford
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey