In this podcast Josh Finney talks about Casefile Arkham, Dark Life Lessons, Graphic Novel Writing, and much more.
About Josh Finney
Josh Finney is an author of horror, gritty sci-fi, and neo-noir. He is 5’6”, weighs 155 lbs on a full bladder, and has black hair that is slowly going silver. His works include: Casefile: Arkham, Titanium Rain, Utopiates, and World War Kaiju.
- [04:10] Important life lessons growing up
- [08:35] Dark life lesson
- [12:30] Columbine shooting and the media at the time in the USA
- [21:30] The really dark life lessons
- [32:30] Navigating through/living with PTSD
- [41:00] Responding to there’s no absolute evil/evil does exist
- [01:07:30] First experiences with story/moment realised wanted to become a writer / getting fired
- [01:13:00] WIPs
- [01:24:45] Casefile Arkham series—genesis
- [01:38:00] A year of being immersed in 1940s media/hidden gems
- [01:45:05] Graphic novel writing—dos and don’ts
- [01:52:50] Connect with Josh
- [01:54:00] Final thoughts
Thanks for Listening!
Let us know how you enjoyed this episode:
Help out the show:
- Support This Is Horror on Patreon.
- Rate and review This Is Horror on iTunes. We read every review and they really do help.
- Share the episode on Facebook and Twitter.
- Subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.
Tormented by Lee Mountford
Buy Tormented by Lee Mountford on Amazon, or head over to www.leemountford.com for more horror novels, from haunted houses to cannibals in the woods.[podcast src=”https://html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/6431303/height-orig/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/height/90″ height=”90″ width=”100%” placement=”bottom” theme=”custom”]
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get access to our patrons-only podcast Story Unboxed: The Horror Podcast on the Craft of Writing.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey