In this podcast Livia Llewellyn talks about long vs short fiction, bad writing advice, horror misconceptions, and much more.
About Livia Llewellyn
Livia Llewellyn is an award-winning writer of horror, dark fantasy and erotica, whose fiction has appeared in ChiZine, Subterranean, Apex Magazine, Postscripts, Nightmare Magazine, as well as numerous anthologies. Engines of Desire: Tales of Love & Other Horrors received a 2011 Shirley Jackson Award nomination for Best Collection, “Omphalos received a 2011 SJA for Best Novelette, and “Furnace” received a 2013 SJA nomination for Best Short Fiction. Her latest collection, Furnace, won This Is Horror’s ‘Short Story Collection of the Year’ in 2016.
- [02:00] Boxwino, via Patreon, asks about short stories to dissect if ran a master class course on the art of story
- [11:50] Forthcoming novel
- [17:00] Writing long vs short fiction
- [29:30] Advice to eighteen-year-old self
- [33:20] Widely given popular writing advice Livia disagrees with
- [36:00] Horror misconceptions
- [44:00] Most important things in life
- [48:25] Connect with Livia
Castle Rock Radio and Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Check out Castle Rock Radio on iTunes and support Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing on Patreon.
Crystal Lake Publishing
The eleven stories in Todd Keisling’s Ugly Little Things explore the depths of human suffering and ugliness, charting a course to the dark, horrific heart of the human condition. John Langan says, “Todd Keisling is a born storyteller, drawing the reader into artfully constructed narratives that scout the darker end of the literary spectrum with skill and bravado.” Brian Kirk says, “In Ugly Little Things, Todd Keisling ventures deep into the dark abyss of cosmic horror. What he finds there—or what’s found him—will terrify you.” This is going to hurt, and you’re going to like it. That’s Todd Keisling’s Ugly Little Things, out September 15th from Crystal Lake Publishing—Tales from the Darkest Depths.
- Livia Llewellyn
- Between Interval
- Laird Barron
- Jack Kerouac
- The Egypt Game
- Caitlin R. Kiernan
- Émile Zola
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.