In this podcast John Langan talks about the re-release of House of Windows, the best places to submit horror fiction, and the red line technique.
About John Langan
John Langan is the author of two novels, The Fisherman (Word Horde 2016) and House of Windows (Night Shade 2009), and two collections of stories, The Wide, Carnivorous Sky and Other Monstrous Geographies (Hippocampus 2013) and Mr. Gaunt and Other Uneasy Encounters (Prime 2008).
- [03:30] Interview start/Jake Marley, via Patreon, asks about submitting stories video
- [09:00] The best places to submit horror fiction
- [20:20] Using red line technique
- [36:25] Peter Bowdidge, via Patreon, asks about John’s next novel
- [40:05] Mike Griffin, via Patreon, asks about unfinished projects
- [44:30] Tony McMillen, via Patreon, asks about House of Windows re-release and altering work after initial release
- [49:40] Adam Nevill introduction
- [53:30] Sam Cowan, via Patreon, asks about scotch recommendations
- [57:40] Brian Asman, via Patreon, asks about the most horrific thing wielded in on a fishing pole
- [01:00:30] Something John believes many others don’t
- [01:08:50] Connect with John Langan
- [01:09:45] Final thoughts
Get a FREE audiobook download and 30-day free trial at www.audibletrial.com/thisishorror. Over 180,000 titles to choose from for your iPhone, Android, Kindle or mp3 player. This week we recommend The Fisherman by John Langan and In The Valley of the Sun by Andy Davidson.
Perpetual Motion Machine Publishing
Silent Hill meets David Lynch in Betty Rocksteady’s Like Jagged Teeth. The guys following her home are bad enough, but when Jacalyn’s Poppa comes to the rescue, things only get worse. After all, he’s been dead for six years. When she ends up back at Poppa’s new apartment, nothing feels right. The food here doesn’t taste how food should taste. The doors don’t work how doors are supposed to work. And something’s not right with Poppa. Guilt and sickness spiral Jacalyn into a nightmarish new reality of hallucinations and body horror. Like Jagged Teeth by Betty Rocksteady is available wherever nightmares are sold.
- Storyteller by Kate Wilhelm
- Submitting stories video
- F & SF Magazine
- Black Static
- Nightmare Magazine
- The Dark
- Strange Aeons
- Lovecraft eZine
- Shadows and Tall Trees
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.