In this podcast Philip Fracassi talks about his biggest fears, story structure, screenwriting, and much more.
About Philip Fracassi
Philip Fracassi, an author and screenwriter, lives in Los Angeles. His brand-new collection of stories, Behold The Void, was published by JournalStone on March 10, 2017. He has a novella, Fragile Dreams, that was released in November 2016, and a second novella, Sacculina, due in May 2017, both from JournalStone. He is published in several current and upcoming publications, including Strange Aeons, Lovecraft eZine, Ravenwood Quarterly and Dark Discoveries Magazine. He has worked in the entertainment industry for over 20 years and was the founder of Equator Books, a publishing house and rare, out-of-print bookstore in Venice, CA. Philip currently works full-time in the film industry and on his writing. His screenplay credits include Girl Missing, distributed by Mar Vista Entertainment (2015) for Lifetime Television and Santa Paws 2: The Santa Pups, distributed by Disney Home Entertainment (2012).
- [03:55] Interview start/first experiences with story/Altar/cover art
- [22:40] Biggest fear
- [27:10] The afterlife
- [58:05] Balance between conveying emotional impact and not removing from immediacy of action/ Mother
- [01:07:55] Screenwriting
- [01:19:15] Formulaic vs generic
- [01:28:10] ‘The Horse Thief’/Story Structure
- Philip Fracassi fiction
- Save The Cat by Blake Snyder
- Story by Robert McKee
- Syd Field books
- The Anatomy of Story by John Truby
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.