In this podcast Jon Padgett talks about The Secret of Ventriloquism, weird fiction, Eckhart Tolle, and much more.
About Jon Padgett
Jon Padgett is a professional—though lapsed—ventriloquist who lives in New Orleans with his spouse, their daughter, and two cats. Padgett is the founder and longtime administrator of Thomas Ligotti Online, and has been the first publisher for a number of Ligotti’s prose works, including My Work is Not Yet Done and Crampton. Padgett has work out or forthcoming in Pseudopod , Lovecraft eZine , and Xnoybis. His first short story collection, The Secret of Ventriloquism with Introduction by Matt Cardin, is also available from Dunhams Manor Press.
- [02:00] Scaring the reader and creating a sense of dread
- [07:30] The Secret of Ventriloquism audiobook/ Little Evie and ‘Return to Thin Mountain’
- [09:55] Daily mindful breathing practice
- [17:35] Takeaways and implementable points from The Power of Now
- [23:10] Brian Asman, via Patreon, asks about constructing a Mount Rushmore of weird fiction authors
- [28:00] Favourite stories dealing with ventriloquism
- [31:45] Jake Marley, via Patreon, asks about story connection and planning in The Secret of Ventriloquism
- [34:55] Dominic Voyce, via Patreon, asks if there is a film/book/tv show from childhood that was a prime source for horror
- [43:25] David Powell, via Patreon, asks about writing to music
- [49:50] Kev Harrison, via Patreon, asks what scares Jon
- [54:35] Connect with Jon
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey