In this podcast Simon Kurt Unsworth talks about his latest books, The Devil’s Evidence and Diseases of the Teeth, audiobooks, and much more.
About Simon Kurt Unsworth
Simon Kurt Unsworth was born in Manchester and lives in a farmhouse in Cumbria, in the United Kingdom. He is the author of many short stories, including the collection Quiet Houses. He is the author of The Devil’s Detective and The Devil’s Evidence. His latest book is the short story collection, Disease of the Teeth.
- [03:50] Interview start/first experiences with story
- [12:35] Latest releases, The Devil’s Evidence and Diseases of the Teeth
- [15:40] Diseases of the Teeth artwork
- [18:30] The importance of order in a short story collection/introductions
- [31:40] Reading The Devil’s Evidence before The Devil’s Detective
- [34:35] Audiobooks
- [52:50] Novels vs short stories: advantages of each
- [56:35] Planning and preparation
- [01:01:00] Research
- [01:10:00] Dan Howarth asks about place and being northern
- [01:15:45] Hillary Dodge asks what the best starting point is for a new reader of Simon’s work
- [01:17:40] Max Booth asks about the Creature Feature with Guy N. Smith and William Meikle
- [01:22:45] Max Booth asks if all people with three names are serial killers
- [01:26:00] Advice to eighteen-year-old self
- [01:29:00] Connect with Simon
- [01:33:00] Final thoughts
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey