In this podcast Mercedes M. Yardley talks about Gamut Magazine, rejections, fairy tales and much more.
About Mercedes M. Yardley
Mercedes M. Yardley is a dark fantasist who wears stilettos and poisonous flowers in her hair. She is the author of the short story collection Beautiful Sorrows, the ‘serial killers in love’ novella Apocalyptic Montessa and Nuclear Lulu: A Tale of Atomic Love, the Bone Angel trilogy, Pretty Little Dead Girls: A Novel of Murder and Whimsy, and the Bram Stoker Award winner Little Dead Red.
- [02:40] Interview start/Brandon Patton asks, via Patreon, about Gamut editorial trends and how this fits into Mercedes’ own writing schedule
- [10:40] Taking rejection personally
- [20:20] When the rejection takes place
- [26:35] The Gamut brand
- [35:00] Preparing for the launch of Gamut in January
- [41:10] Sarah Read, via Patreon, asks about favourite thing to see in the Gamut slushpile
- [42:35] Sarah Read, via Patreon, asks about family and work life balance
- [53:50] Jake Marley, via Patreon, asks about editing work
- [1:00:50] A Murder of Storytellers, via Patreon, ask about Mercedes’ favourite not well-known fairy tale
- [01:04:30] What’s next for Mercedes
- [01:09:10] Connect with Mercedes
- [01:10:35] Final thoughts
- [01:15:50] Outtakes
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Support the This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
We offer the This Is Horror Podcast free of charge, but if you think it’s worth $1 per month we’d love you to join our Patreon. You’ll receive Patron perks, too, such as early bird access to all episodes, the ability to submit questions to our guests and even discounts off This Is Horror products.The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey