In this special Halloween podcast Josh Malerman talks about Halloween, A House at the Bottom of a Lake, water in horror and much more.
A House at the Bottom of a Lake is out today—buy it now!
Don’t forget to claim your free audiobook when you buy A House at the Bottom of a Lake in week one.
About Josh Malerman
Josh Malerman is the author of the award-winning novel Bird Box and the novella, A House at the Bottom of a Lake. He is the lead singer for the rock band The High Strung. Malerman currently lives in Ferndale, Michigan.
- [04:00] Interview start
- [05:20] Halloween
- [08:20] A House at the Bottom of a Lake cover art
- [11:20] AHATBOAL as a fairy tale
- [17:20] Scariest movie watched this year
- [37:30] Writing A House at the Bottom of a Lake
- [46:40] Water in horror stories
- [01:15:00] Eric Sparkman, via Patreon, asks what Josh would compare AHATBOAL to
- [01:17:50] Sarah Read, via Patreon, asks about interactive readings
- [01:23:05] Reading under the tunnels at the Stanley Hotel
- [01:29:35] Music and The High Strung
- [01:37:40] Adrian Shotbolt, via Patreon, asks about the influence of music on Josh’s writing and vice versa
- [01:43:20] Jake Marley, via Patreon, asks about the writing process
- [01:46:10] A House at the Bottom of a Lake film adaptation
- [01:52:40] Mark N, via Patreon, asks about Josh’s success and how he operates
- [02:01:30] Biggest fears and worries
- [02:03:55] Misconceptions others have about Josh Malerman the writer and musician
- [02:15:30] Black Mad Wheel
- [02:19:50] Allison pranks
- [02:24:15] Advice to eighteen-year-old self
- [02:31:25] Connect with Josh
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd. What have got to lose? I guess, nothing really, you could unsubscribe any time. I mean, technically you could just grab the free eBook and run. That'd be it. Easy. But don't do that. Stick around. You might like it here.