In this podcast John F.D. Taff talks about good and bad editors, I Can Taste The Blood, working with Grey Matter Press and much more.
About John F.D. Taff
John F.D. Taff is a Bram Stoker Award-Nominated author with nearly 30 years experience in all sorts of writing…public relations, marketing, sales, journalism and creative. He’s a published author with more than 80 short stories and seven novels in print. His writing tends to be categorized as horror, though most of it has a weird, pulpy Twilight Zone vibe to it. He also writes fantasy, suspense and some science fiction. Over the years, six of his short stories have been awarded honorable mentions in Datlow & Windling’sYear’s Best Fantasy & Horror.
- [04:10] Interview start/first experiences with story
- [07:40] Lessons learnt through non-fiction writing such as marketing, sales, PR and how these lessons were applicable to fiction writing
- [10:05] Traits of good and bad editors
- [12:50] Small press
- [20:25] Pre-submissions steps
- [26:10] Working relationship with Grey Matter Press and Tony Rivera
- [31:10] I Can Taste The Blood
- [48:10] Adrian Shotbolt, via Patreon, asks about I Can Taste The Blood and whether it’s deliberately more of a straightforward horror story
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey
Subscribe, Rate and Review on iTunes!
Want a free horror eBook?
Subscribe for the latest horror news and to find out about new This Is Horror products, podcasts, books, and all that good stuff ahead of the crowd.