In this podcast Jon Grilz talks about his favourite audio drama podcasts, the inspiration for Small Town Horror, writing a flawed protagonist and much more.
About Jon Grilz
Writer and podcaster Jon Grilz is Minnesotan, born and bred. He has an undergraduate degree in English Literature from the University of Minnesota-Duluth and a MFA in Writing from Hamline University in St. Paul. He has recently adapted content from his Crazytown series into a top iTunes podcast called Small Town Horror. Jon’s novels include the Darren Lockhart Mystery installments: Crazytown, Crazytown: The Witch Tree, Crazytown: Devil’s Kettle and Burn, Crazytown, Burn and Rigged.
- [03:15] Interview start/other audio drama podcasts
- [14:20] Grant Longstaff, via Patreon, asks about inspiration for Small Town Horror
- [18:50] Ryan as a flawed protagonist
- [27:50] Small Town Horror Patreon benefits
- [39:40] Morning rituals and daily habits
- [44:15] Two fiction and two non-fiction recommendations
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
Please subscribe to This Is Horror podcast RSS Feed
Subscribe via iTunes
Listen to This Is Horror via iTunes
Visit our Patreon page and donate to the This Is Horror Podcast
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Support This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
- For $1 you get early bird access to all our podcasts and can submit questions to guests.
- For $3 you get exclusive story craft episodes.
- For $4 you get the full interview, no two-parters.
The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon. How much will you pledge? Go on. Be awesome.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- They Don’t Come Home Anymore by T.E. Grau
- A House at the Bottom of a Lake by Josh Malerman
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey