In this podcast Paul Tremblay talks about writing 500 words daily, self-doubt and the inspiration behind A Head Full of Ghosts.
About Paul Tremblay
Paul Tremblay is the author of the novels Disappearance at Devil’s Rock and A Head Full of Ghosts. His other novels include The Little Sleep, No Sleep till Wonderland, Swallowing a Donkey’s Eye, and Floating Boy and the Girl Who Couldn’t Fly (co-written with Stephen Graham Jones).
- [04:30] Writing 500 words per day
- [10:00] Self-doubt
- [14:20] Michael Wehunt, via Patreon, asks about differences between Paul at the start of his career and after and beyond A Head Full of Ghosts
- [17:15] What’s next
- [19:10] Screen adaptation of A Head Full of Ghosts
- [22:20] Darryl Foster, via Patreon, asks about the inspiration behind A Head Full of Ghosts and personal reflections
- [25:45] Advice to twenty-year-old self
- [27:10] Advice to thirty-year-old self
- [30:55] Pickle talk
- [33:05] What makes Paul happy
- [35:15] Paul Tremblay is attacked by a spectral presence
- [37:45] Two items Paul can’t live without
- [38:30] Music while writing
- [40:20] Connect with Paul/final thoughts
Please support the This Is Horror Podcast
ResourcesBuy Paul Tremblay fiction
You can also find us on Stitcher, Zune and Blackberry.
Support the This Is Horror Podcast on Patreon
We offer the This Is Horror Podcast free of charge, but if you think it’s worth $1 per month we’d love you to join our Patreon. You’ll receive Patron perks, too, such as early bird access to all episodes, the ability to submit questions to our guests and even discounts off This Is Horror products.The best way to support This Is Horror is via Patreon.
This Is Horror Books
This Is Horror Books on Kindle Unlimited and Amazon
- The Visible Filth by Nathan Ballingrud
- The Elvis Room by Stephen Graham Jones
- Water For Drowning by Ray Cluley
- Chalk by Pat Cadigan
- Roadkill by Joseph D’Lacey